Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Training Recap


March 2012 Stats:

  • 17 days working out 
  • 48 miles running
  • 4 strength training sessions


Well, that's a short list compared to last month; no elliptical, no stairclimber, no swimming, no climbing wall, and I didn't track my walks, though I know I did take some with Eliana given the gorgeous weather we had in March. But I'm really happy about the running numbers - I more than doubled my running mileage over the previous month! I didn't quite meet my actual goal of running four times a week; instead, with 15 runs in 31 days, I averaged about 3.4 runs a week. But that's still so much better than I had been doing!



My other goal for March was to "begin incorporating some strength training into my workouts" - and thanks to the vagueness of this goal, I could say that I technically met it. But...on the 2nd of March I met with a personal trainer who gave me a series of strength training exercises to do - and I dutifully did them on the 5th, the 8th, and the 12th. But then 3 days went by, then 4, 5, 6, 7...and I felt like I'd failed and needed to restart but had no impetus to do it. But the freshness of a new month is here!


Goals for April: 16 runs for a total of 60 miles! 8 strength training sessions! And (here's the one I'm really excited about) I've signed up for the climbing class at EAC, so 4 ninety minute sessions on the climbing wall! The first session is tonight. I anticipate being quite sore afterwards. :)


Looking farther ahead, in May I'll need to start swimming in preparation for the sprint triathlon I'm doing on June 10th - oh, swimming, the bane of my triathlete existence! There have been some epic swimming travails in the past, I'll be sure to write a post about them sometime during this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment