Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April Training Recap


April 2012 Stats:

  • 14 days working out 
  • 37 miles running
  • 1 strength training session
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical
  • 3 climbing classes

Well, April was not so great, compared to last month; 3 fewer days working out, 11 fewer miles running, and 3 fewer strength training sessions. But I did do (most) of my climbing class, only missing the last session due to scheduling issues. Check out what I learned!

So I don't fall 70 feet. ;)
Injuring my knee is what really messed up my running and what kept me from reaching my goal of running 60 miles for the month - I was perfectly on track for the first two weeks of April and then had to take some rest. My other goal was to do 8 strength training sessions - and that didn't happen either and my knee had nothing to do with it. It was more just that when push comes to shove, and I'm standing there in the gym deciding whether to move towards the weight room or towards the treadmills, I always end up going towards the treadmills. Sometimes it is a time constraint; running trumps strength training because I've got to build this mileage base before training for the marathon in earnest. And sometimes it is just because I'm uncomfortable in the weight room - perhaps I need a buddy. Anyone else out there a member of EAC and want to do weights together? :)

Goals for May:
  • Start swimming! The sprint triathlon is only 5 weeks and 4 days from today.
  • Get out on the bike a few times - Savva & I need to install and try out the bike trailer for Eliana before Bike the Drive on May 27th.
  • Run enough to comfortably do the Soldier Field 10 Mile race (only 3 weeks and 3 days from today) without re-injuring my knee or hurting anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment