Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Training Recap

January 2012 Stats:

  • 9 days working out 
  • 20 miles on the bike
  • 22.85 miles running
  • 256 floors on the stairclimber
  • 30 minutes on the elliptical

Well, not bad for a winter month! Thank goodness that Elly really likes playing with the staff in the Kids Club at Evanston Athletic Club, because it is so nice to be able to leave her there for an hour while I get my workout in. My best workout was the bike ride, which was pure joy - 59 degrees on January 31st, can you believe it? I rode from home to Ohio Street Beach and back - a ride full of memories for me, as each year I've done my triathlon swim training at Ohio Street Beach. The water was nice and calm - would have been great for a lake swim if it hadn't been just above freezing!

My total mileage will definitely have to go up for me to reach my goal of a 112 mile bike ride in July and a marathon in October - but my first focus now is the Hustle Up the Hancock on February 26th! 94 floors, which is 1,632 steps. In 2010, the fastest climber in my age group did it in 13 min and 57 sec - the slowest was 1 hr, 9 min and 52 sec and the median time was 22 min and 23 sec. Soon we'll see where I fall! (But not literally. Definitely not planning on falling during the race.)

No comments:

Post a Comment