Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Bits Day!

I made it to the top of climbing wall at the gym today! Woo-hoo! Maybe next week, I'll try for twice!

Also, I bought new Smartwool running socks - and turned the treadmill up to six point ONE mph rather than my usual 6.0 in honor of that. Research shows that new socks make you faster. :)

The Happy New Sock!

The Sad Old Sock, worn through in the
ball of the foot from years of running.
Now living its 2nd life in my house
as a cleaning rag.














Looking forward to a high temp of 48 degrees tomorrow - I think I will finally take Elly out in the jogging stroller for an actual JOG; in the past, I've only ever walked with it.

In my Facebook feed this morning there was this link to a blog by one of the Doctors Without Borders docs who is working in the Congo - it is incredible to read about the conditions that these folks are working and living in, both doctors and patients. My heart breaks to think about a mother not being able to feed her toddler; now that I have a little one of my own, it's so much more real to imagine the pain and fear of losing a child, even as day to day I'm infinitely far away from those experiences with Eliana. I'm glad to be a supporter of the organization, and humbled by the example of strength and sacrifice exhibited by the field staff around the world.

1 comment:

  1. This comment will be in bullet point form!

    - MSF is an amazing charity, I was so happy when I got the letter today and saw that you had chosen them. They do such critical work that nobody else can or will.
    - I tried to send them a donation in your name but their form is weird. I got to the end and I clicked submit and... nothing happened? it eventually went back to the original donation screen, and they never sent me an acknowledgement email or anything. Soooo if it hasn't shown up in your email by tomorrow, please let me know so I can resubmit it.
    - Are the smartwool socks really good? Boyfriend swears by them but I have this difficult-to-overcome mental block about the idea of wearing wool next to my skin.

    ReplyDelete