Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Little Things

And the first few donations have come in! Thanks so much to Emily, my best friend from way back in 3rd grade, currently an awesome nurse in North Carolina, for being the first, and a big shout out to my in-laws, Mark & Marina Amusin and to Bob Paras, one of my great co-workers at Lake View High School for donating. I'm so excited whenever I go to check the mail or when my iPhone beeps to tell me that I have a new email, as I'm hoping hoping hoping that more money has been given to one of my 12 favorite nonprofits. Click on the "Donate!" tab above if you'd like to participate- it would totally make my day, just make sure to email me to let me know. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for an updated fundraising total!

I'm happy to report that I actually met my mini-goal of working out 6 days in a row! Making the goal public really helped me stick to it - otherwise there is NO WAY I would have headed to the gym at 9 pm on Saturday after a busy day and night of very interrupted sleep (thanks, little Eliana), especially to get in the pool which always seems like a chore because of having to change, and being chilly after getting out of the pool, and then having wet hair. But relaxing in the hot tub helped with the chilly-ness, and after returning to the locker room, on a whim I stepped into the sauna room. I'd never done this before because I had this idea in my head that they were stinky - I'm pretty sure that this idea came from the one at the Irving Park YMCA that I went to when I was little. But this one! It was SO WARM (and I loooooooooove being warm) and smelled like cedar or some other wood, so nice. I got excited and started opening the other doors heading off of the locker room, first finding a not-so-exciting utility closet. But then, the next was a really nice steam room that smelled like eucalyptus, which I stared at with my mouth hanging open until I realized that there was someone in there, understandably looking at me strangely. Oops! How have I been paying for this nice expensive gym without knowing about these nice smelling warm places? So, great discoveries were made on Saturday night, as well as one tiny discovery of a quarter on the bottom of the pool, which I dove down to get just so I could add the 25 cents to my fundraising total. :)
Fundraising Thermometer

No comments:

Post a Comment